This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Really impressed with 2.0.1.1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bugo30
Registered Member

Really impressed with 2.0.1.1

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:48 am
I've used Amarok for quite awhile now as my primary music player, and have been eagerly awaiting 2.0
I finally got it working with ubuntu 8.04 today, and I have to say, I really like it.
At first I was a bit confused by the layout being so different from 1.4, but after exploring a little bit, I was able to  find all the features I was looking for  (mostly the Lyric applet and Wikipedia applet).  The modular area in the middle is really cool.
Anyways, I saw so many negative posts here about the new version, I wanted to give my support.  I'm using 2.0.1.1 now, and am not even considering switching back to 1.4.  So, thanks, and keep up the great work.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Really impressed with 2.0.1.1

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:52 am
Well, thank you very much :)

It's very motivating for us developers to hear this kind of positive feedback, and it's nice to see that we're on the right path.

Thanks again, and have fun with Amarok!

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Stecchino
KDE Developer

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:29 pm
Thanks. We are really proud as well.
No that this will stop us making Amarok even better :D
dTd
Registered Member

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:04 pm
Running amarok 2.0.1.1 in kde 4.2 on slackware.I find it's very nice and the features are coming along. I've encountered no problems organizing my collection as the interface while different from 1.4 is very intuitive. Keep up the good work.

/dTd
mbaker824
Registered Member

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:27 pm
I've been an Amarok 1.4 user for a while and loved it.  I had tried 2.0 pre-release a couple of times but it didn't feel ready.  I was very impressed, however, when I installed 2.0.1.1 today; I like the clean, straightforward interface and there aren't any 1.4 features missing that I can't do without.  I haven't found the statistics feature yet, but maybe I just haven't looked in the right place; however, if it isn't in the new release yet, I'd obviously like to see it added.

I struggled a bit at the beginning to figure out how to connect to my iPod, but the media devices feature works much better now than it did (for me at least) before.  In 1.4 I needed to use the equalizer, set to "rock", to get the fullness of sound I wanted - but I seem to get a much fuller sound from the new version.  Is that just my imagination?  Anyway, I no longer care much about the lack of an equalizer.

All things considered, I'm very pleased so far with the latest release.  Keep up the great work!

Mark
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:49 am
mbaker824 wrote:I've been an Amarok 1.4 user for a while and loved it.  I had tried 2.0 pre-release a couple of times but it didn't feel ready.  I was very impressed, however, when I installed 2.0.1.1 today; I like the clean, straightforward interface and there aren't any 1.4 features missing that I can't do without.  I haven't found the statistics feature yet, but maybe I just haven't looked in the right place; however, if it isn't in the new release yet, I'd obviously like to see it added.

I struggled a bit at the beginning to figure out how to connect to my iPod, but the media devices feature works much better now than it did (for me at least) before.  In 1.4 I needed to use the equalizer, set to "rock", to get the fullness of sound I wanted - but I seem to get a much fuller sound from the new version.  Is that just my imagination?  Anyway, I no longer care much about the lack of an equalizer.

All things considered, I'm very pleased so far with the latest release.  Keep up the great work!

Mark

Thanks! Great to hear.

As far as things sounding better, its likely your imagination. Depends on your backend, but you're likely using Xine in both version. :)

Amarok Developer