This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

large and visible playtime slider

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
blasco51
Registered Member

large and visible playtime slider

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:45 pm
I'm very satisfied with amarok 1.4. I use it to prepare playlists for my biodanza classes.
When I play music during the class I need to have a look at the playing time but I'm not close to the screen. The default playtime slider is too small to be seen from distance
So I guess what I actually need could be a big highly-visible playtime slider popping up while a track is playing.
Is there any way to have such a beast?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Not for Amarok 1.4 I'm afraid, as the development has ended quite some time ago. It's unfortunately most unlikely that any of our devs will find time to change it. The code is in SVN though, so maybe you can find a volunteer to help you.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
blasco51
Registered Member

Re: large and visible playtime slider

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:03 pm
I see... what about having it in amarok2 ?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:06 pm
blasco51 wrote:I see... what about having it in amarok2 ?

You're lucky, Amarok 2 already had this from the very beginning :)

Check screenshots in our blogs: http://amarok.kde.org/planet

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
blasco51
Registered Member

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:17 pm
Yes, amarok2 has a larger slider than amarok 1.4, but it's not thick  enough to be seen from distance also because of its color. Is it possible to change the colour and the thickness?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:28 pm
blasco51 wrote:Yes, amarok2 has a larger slider than amarok 1.4, but it's not thick  enough to be seen from distance also because of its color. Is it possible to change the colour and the thickness?

No, not really. Only if you modified the source code.

--
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:29 pm
..however, the color adapts to your current KDE color scheme automatically. So that would be changeable quite easily.

--
blasco51
Registered Member
I use amarok under gnome. How can I modify the kde color scheme?
Stecchino
KDE Developer
I would suggest the now-playing plasmoid put on the desktop and enlarged to fill almost your complete screen.

I don't know if plasma-desktop runs on gnome though. I guess this is a reason to run KDE :)
blasco51
Registered Member

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:28 pm
Stecchino,
could you please give some more details about "now-playing plasmoid"? How is it related to amarok? Is it a sort of plugin? where can i find it? How to install?

tnx, Blasco