This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how do you make a new database in amarok 2?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wil0
Registered Member
Basically, my databade is corrupt or something. it worked up untill a week or so ago, then it just randomly broke, cant see any tracks in it.
Is there a way to make a new database?

im running the mac beta release.
JamesIsIn
Registered Member
That's a bummer.  I don't know much about the database world.  This thread isn't about that at all.  I would go ahead and create a new thread asking your question.  Be sure to include as many relavant details as you are able.
dangle_wtf
You can delete the directory
Code: Select all
/Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/KDE/share/apps/amarok/
(or back it up!).
You might also need to delete
Code: Select all
/Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/KDE/share/config/amarokrc

No need to create another new thread when this one was created to ask this question!

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
wil0
Registered Member
Cheers dangle. I had a browse around those areas, but they are exactly what i needed to delete.

@JamesIsIn
Admittedly i should have been a bit clearer say that the collection was empty and that the database was probably corrupt. It was pretty clear that i was referring to the mysql database that amarok uses for its collection, aswell as the relevant details.
Youre wise **** comments didnt really help. If you dont have any suggestions or answers, then theres no need to post. What you said was un-needed, and pretty pathetic.