This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request - Deezer integration as WebService

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thegritche
Registered Member
Hi !
First I'd like to congratulate you for the great piece of software that Amarok has become !

I've read that it is possible to easily integrate new Services to Amarok. How lucky we are :D Deezer has now an API which is available !
For those who don't know what Deezer is, it is a free service which permits to listen easily to lot of musics, to create a personal library tagging available albums as "favorites" and creating custom playlists. It also has radios. It seems like it is the same has other services, but I would like to add that its music library is really important and it has a ot of choices.

I think that this service is one of the best available. Because of the possibility to listen to radios and to create custom libraries, it would perfectly integrate to Amarok2.

The developer's API is available there : http://www.deezer.com/developers/
I don't know how difficult the integration would be, but the APIs seems to be fairly complete. It permits to retrieve "top charts", radios, tracks, albums, artits and users' playlists and favorites albums.
Would it be possible to integrate those radios to Amarok and to use the APIs to populate Amarok's collection with the favorites albums of a user and it's playlists too ?

Thank for reading and have a nice day :)

David

Last edited by thegritche on Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
You're lucky: Amarok 2 also supports "Scripted Services", which means custom 3rd party extensions written in QtScript (JavaScript). So it could possibly be implemented by someone else (you?), instead of us core developers.

You can read more about this here:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/ ... _HowTo_2.0

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
thegritche
Registered Member
Hi !

Thank you for your reply :)

I have put the link you provided in my bookmarks and try to see what I can do. I don't have lot of time, so I don't make any promises but I will try. I will provide the results of my work, if any, on the development forum.

Have a nice day :)