This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Goodbye Amarok 2 (at least for now)!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
darkscot
Registered Member
OS
thelevellers wrote:My issue is that the middle screen has been filled with useless rubbish! I hate album art, and 'now playing' info, they are useless and entirely annoying.

I totally disagree with this!  I have all my music collection on my PC. I never use a seperate CD player and so almost never actually play a CD.  The album art (and the now playing info) serves to link the track to the CD.  Without you might as well be listening to the radio. 

Personally I would like to see more done with the album art.  For example make it bigger

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER
Vasto
Registered Member
In the SVN you got rid of different views for the center window. It is difficult to get all the features I want, especially now that devices are no longer a tab.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Amarok 1.5??
Aaaah Spammer!

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Dieter Schroeder wrote:Amarok 1.5??
Aaaah Spammer!

Removed, both of them :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
44Ronin
Registered Member
There is absolutely no reason to choose Amarok 2 yet. Stick with 1.4!
nhn
KDE Developer
OS
44Ronin wrote:There is absolutely no reason to choose Amarok 2 yet. Stick with 1.4!

Oh, I don't know...

Superior (and actually working) last.fm support, Jamendo support, support for my Magnatune.com membership, direct integration with my Ampache server, a much more flexible playlist for most use cases, a ton of nice scripted services (I love the librivox script!), an immensely powerful interface for extending Amarok using qtscript (with lots of cool scripts already showing up) all seem like good reasons to me :-)

And that is of course without mentioning the cool features that are already in trunk for 2.2 (check the blogs for some of these)

For some people, 1.4.x might still be the better choice, but at least for me, Amarok 2 blows Amarok 1 out of the water.