This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Email track from playlist

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
darkscot
Registered Member
OS
I regularly exchange music with a couple of friends.  Very often when I am listening to a track I think "x would really like this". 

It would be great if there was an option to right click on the track in the playlist and chose an 'email to...' or 'send via...' option.  The track would then be attached to a new email message. 

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER
Mamarok
Manager
OS
well, this is unlikely to happen, because of the legal issues related to sending tracks by mail to friends.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
darkscot
Registered Member
OS
I suppose so.  But if you take that argument to the extreme you should not be able to drag a track from the playlist to an email.  Which you can do.

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER
Bausparfuchs
Registered Member
OS
darkscot wrote:I suppose so.  But if you take that argument to the extreme you should not be able to drag a track from the playlist to an email.  Which you can do.

So do it this way. Cant be more than 2 or 3 klicks more.

darkscot
Registered Member
OS
Becha wrote:So do it this way. Cant be more than 2 or 3 klicks more.

I will!

Hydrogen
Registered Member
You could also write a script to do it.