This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

For people having tag/flac issues after importing from amarok 1.4!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-Zeltak
Registered Member
Hi all

Just want to quickly address an issue some of you may have. After I imported my data from amarok 1.4 (ratings,tags etc..) i noticed loads of strange ID3 tag problems and flac playback problems. it took me a while to find out what caused these issues until i decided to do a clean re-install of all config and library and surprise- Everything works like a charm!

please post if anyone else is having these problems and soultion. i will post if i find a way to import at least the ratings (which for me are the most important data)

Zeltak
qu4s
Registered Member
This solved my problems. Thanks!
If anyone else thinks this may help them, the files I deleted (I tar'd up a backup of them all first.)where:
~/.kde/share/config/amarok*
and the entire amarok folder here:
~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/

then removed and reinstalled amarok through yum.
elsabio
Registered Member
Yes, Amarok 2.* is also causing me problems of this kind - but I can't say I like this solution; there are some 15000 music  files in the managed collection (about 160GB), and the .kde/share/*/amarok* data for me is almost 1GB, so starting again with all that does not fill me with great cheer.
apswartz
Registered Member
Zeltak wrote: it took me a while to find out what caused these issues until i decided to do a clean re-install of all config and library and surprise- Everything works like a charm!

So, what exactly was the problem? I just tried 2.1.1 and was so disappointed that I went back to 1.4. Tags were definitely the biggest issue.
Bloemetjesgordijn
Registered Member
are there still issues with flac and tags in Amarok 2.1.1??

I am trying to build from source...but if this is true I am thinking in going back to 1.4 (bummer)