This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Some tracks ordered alphabeticaly not by track order!!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Teabicky
Registered Member
Hi, Have just started using amarok and am very impressed.  It even transferrers tracks to my Zen, which is cool.  My problem is, and I'm sure there is an obvious solution, that some albums have their tracks ordered alphabetically, not by the actual track order.  This is then transfered to my zen.  I didn't have this with Windows Media Player when using the same files.  Any Ideas?
dangle_wtf
a) which version of Amarok?
b) Perhaps check your track tags on the albums that are sorting alphabetically. Make sure the "track number" tag is filled in. If there's no track numbering in the tag, the tracks should default to being listed alphabetically. Note that file name is ignored.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Teabicky
Registered Member
I'm using Version 1.4.10 at the mo.  For most of the files I can mannualy edit the track number within amarok, which is laboursom but  for some reason amarok wont let me do this with .aac files.  I'm using Ex Falso to do it for me.  It is long winded but it does the trick.

Last edited by Teabicky on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.