This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

feature request. Alarm and sleep function

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
walter_j
Registered Member
I would like to see a sleep function that allows you to set a time interval to stop amarok so I can use the internet radio like a clock radio. I would also like to be able to start and stop internet radio on a schedule.

I notice Sirius radio is in trouble becuase of internet radio. Kind of surprising, since internet radio apps i've checked out don't have some basic controls such as alarms and sleep. The internet radio devices i've seen are expensive (> $230) - and duplicates most of what I already have on my pc.

Walter
markey
KDE Developer
OS
This could easily be implemented (maybe it already exists) as an Amarok-Script.

Please see here:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/ ... _HowTo_2.0

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
walter_j
Registered Member
I wish I could write scripts. I'm trying though. I couldn't get a backup script to run using cron, so I doubt I could get this to work.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
At any rate, you can search kde-apps.org for existing scripts (note that Amarok 1.x and 2.x scripts are incompatible):

http://kde-apps.org/?xcontentmode=57

(This would be Amarok 2.x scripts)

--
walter_j
Registered Member
Ok i found 3 scripts. Can you create a button in the toolbar to run a script? I couldn't see it off hand...
markey
KDE Developer
OS
walter_j wrote:Ok i found 3 scripts. Can you create a button in the toolbar to run a script? I couldn't see it off hand...

With Amarok 2, I think you can currently add a menu entry to the Tools menu, or so. We're planning to extend this in later versions so that you could also add buttons and other elements.

With Amarok 1.x, it was similar IIRC.

--
walter_j
Registered Member
Thanks for the replies Mr. Kretschmann. When installing linux, Amarok is always the first app I install. Great work.

Walter