This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Policy about favorite songs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
thomas.dub
Registered Member

Policy about favorite songs

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:00 pm
Hello,

I'm trying to develop a script who copy a part of your collection in a specific directory.

The main objective is to copy your favorite part of your collection in your mp3 player, in case of that your collection is bigger than your player capacity.

I know that Amarok can create a playlist with favorite songs, but I'd like to know what's the policy of a prefered song in Amarok 2.

In Amarok 1.4, I think it's when the score of the song is more than 74 (default score after 1 playing of the song), bug it seems to be more complicated in Amarok 2 (the Statistics table contains score and rating field, I don't know what it's mean).

Thanks for your help and excuse for my english... ;)

Excuse my english.. please ;)
"Before, I had a life, now, I have a PC."
thomas.dub
Registered Member

Re: Policy about favorite songs

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:45 pm
After looking the source code (BiaisedSolver.cpp and some others), the function for making favorite playlists seems to be very complex for a simple script...

But I'd just like to know what's the policy about rating and score fields in the database.

Thanks.

thomas.dub
Registered Member

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:29 pm
So, that's the policy I've chosen for the first version of my plugin :

Specify a score limit, default at 60.

Select all songs with score >= 60 ordered by score
Select all songs who don't listed in statistics table (it's the songs who have been never readed) ordered by random
Select all songs with score < 60 ordered by score

This list of songs define an order of songs, favorite first.

If you have a better policy to do that, I'm interested !

darkscot
Registered Member
OS

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:42 am
thomas.dub wrote:I'm trying to develop a script who copy a part of your collection in a specific directory.

The main objective is to copy your favorite part of your collection in your mp3 player, in case of that your collection is bigger than your player capacity.

This sounds like a great idea! I used to have a 'favourites' folder for this function.  But I had to manually update it which was a hassle.

PS Your English is fine except for your spelling of 'favourite'.  Don't miss out the 'u' or people will think you are American!

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER
thomas.dub
Registered Member

Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:26 pm
I've released a first version, if you want to test :)

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Sy ... ent=100841