This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Importing Old 1.4 Playlists to 2.0?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
HalNineThousand
Registered Member

Importing Old 1.4 Playlists to 2.0?

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:34 pm
This has GOT to be an obvious questions so I'm either not searching with the right terms or something is loopy here.  I was using Amarok 1.4 on Linux and everything worked for me just fine.  I've switched to an iMac and now that I have Amarok 2.0 working fine on my Mac, I'm running into another problem: I had a number of .m3u playlists in Amarok in my Linux setup.  I had a link on the drive with all my music so the playlists were in a directory there as well so I could use them with Squeezecenter and other programs.

When Amarok scanned my music collection, it didn't pick up the playlists in a subdirectory (which I wasn't sure it would), but I can't find a way I can import all the old play lists without reconstructing them, one by one and saving them, each in turn.

So how can I import my old .m3u playlist collection into Amorak 2.0 on the Mac?

I would expect this to be in a FAQ somewhere, but I just can't find it.  Any help appreciated!
dangle_wtf
Does "Playlist -> Add Media..." do what you want? I don't have any playlists to test with, sorry.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
HalNineThousand
Registered Member
dangle_wtf wrote:Does "Playlist -> Add Media..." do what you want? I don't have any playlists to test with, sorry.

Actually, nothing.  I pick a file and import it, but it doesn't show up as a playlist to play immediately and doesn't appear in the playlists in the Playlist tab.

Related to playlists, I don't know if it's not available on the Mac or just not available yet in 2.x, but one feature I used a lot was "Burn Playlist to CD."  We used that a lot in preparing CDs for practice, lessons, and parties in ballroom dancing.
dangle_wtf
Probably not working properly then - it may be worth filing a bug on http://bugs.kde.org (don't forget to specify OS X!).

I'm not sure that the burn CD feature has been implemented (yet? not sure if it's on the waiting list) in Amarok2 at this stage. If you do have k3b installed on your mac though, you could try selecting all tracks in the playlist and dropping them on k3b as a workaround in the meatime.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
ColombianGold
Registered Member
I actually have the same problem....I thought Add Media was for something else, cause it does nothing.

I just updated from 1.4 I thought by 2.0.2 it would be stabler. Unfortunately my first impression isn't very good, wheres the rest of the program?
I had high expectations, I even donated, I guess the major changes are in the backend and must wait for a major update. If adding old playlists is broken I cant imagine the amount of bugs still lurking.

Sorry for the rant, just a disappointed fan.

Anyways, keep it up.