This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Best way to rip CD's or best results for library

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-bgast1
Registered Member
I need to know the best way to rip a CD that has various artists on it so that I can play the entire album in Amarok and have all the tracks show up as a single album. In Amarok 2 they show up as individual artists. In the earlier Amarok they show up in various artists. Would setting up an M3U playlist when ripping solve that problem? I've never been able to solve this problem in the past, even in Windows. Also what about CD's that have already been ripped to my hard drive without M3U playlists if that indeed is the solution?

Last edited by imported-bgast1 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
This is a known issue, please see here:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=172953

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
imported-bgast1
Registered Member
I read that link, but I didn't see much in the way of a solution. I am not even totally satisfied with  how the earlier Amarok handled albums that had more than one artist, but at least it's somewhat workable. When can we expect this problem solved? Will it sort albums as before?

I am just learning to use Amarok actually. I haven't even figured out how to get lyrics to show up in the1. (latest version b4 2.0). I know that I need to enable a script, but what if the script does not return any lyrics. How do you change it? 

Last edited by imported-bgast1 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.