This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to connect Sansa Fuse to Amarok?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cptrohn
Registered Member
Hi, I am very, very new to Linux and have heard lots of good things about Amarok, I bought a Sansa Fuse because I had heard that it works well with Linux, but I am having trouble getting music onto the player and don't know exactly how to connect the player to synch with Amarok...

I am using Ubuntu 8.10 and I installed the KDE4.1 desktop so basically I am using Kubuntu.  This is really driving me nuts because when I click on devices in Amarok and then try to connect the Sansa Fuse I get a window that says the player can't be connected... I know the player uses MTP protocol, but am not sure about how all this works really.  It is just very frustrating for me right now!

Can someone please tell me a simple way to get my player to connect and synch?  LOL HELP PLEASE, before I throw this PMP out the window!
cptrohn
Registered Member
Any help at all?
cptrohn
Registered Member
LOL Well Gee, Thanks for all the great help..

Nevermind,  Amarok is getting uninstalled and something else in it's place. >(
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Well, at least you've been patient!

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
dangle_wtf
Impressive that one can wait a whole 12 hours for a response before writing off something that was probably not Amarok's problem at all ;)

I would have given up after 5 minutes... really 12 hours is FAR too long. I'm appalled that Amarok developers and support staff cannot watch the forum and have a response up within seconds. Lift your game, Amarok!!

(disclaimer: the comments above may contain elements of mischief)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"