This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Multiple Artist on same Album

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nwilliams311
Registered Member

Multiple Artist on same Album

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:59 pm
Hello I am a neophyte to amarok but I am having a little bit of problems with Amarok and sorting songs. I have a couple of cd's that have various artists on them. I set my options to "Year, Album, Artist" but that just listed the same entry 15 times under the year. Granted it is in numerological order, but is there anyway that it could be posted as one album versus 15 albums.

is this because of the different artists? and again, if so, can i some how switch the setting or it only appears once?

Thanks
Nate
dangle_wtf

Re: Multiple Artist on same Album

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:59 pm
It's a known issue. Please see other threads on this forum regarding 'various artists'.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
mrmrpotatohead
Registered Member

Re: Multiple Artist on same Album

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:15 am
Are there any plans on the horizon to do something about this known issue?
On a related issue what's the developers' position on adding Album Artist support to Amarok 2 (which would eliminate problems relating to multiple artists on same album)? Is it something we can expect in the next few releases or is it a long way on the horizon?

I have posted my thoughts & investigations on grouping by album artist on the bug report here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=146800.