This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

recommended songs in Amarok 2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cerr
Registered Member
OS

recommended songs in Amarok 2

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:42 am
Hi There,

I can't seem to find the "recommended songs" feature from Amarok 1.4 - I really liked that - has this been considered to be obsolete and hence been removed from the feature list or has it just not been added yet?

Thanks,
Ron
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: recommended songs in Amarok 2

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:19 am
There still is the "Recommended" stream from Last.fm, but I think it was only added recently (for 2.1). I have it here.

(However, maybe this stream is only available to Last.fm subscribers, not sure).

Also see here:

http://padoca.wordpress.com/2009/02/15/ ... h-version/

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
rotzbouw
Registered Member

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:55 pm
recommended is available for everyone, it's just the loved tracks stream which isn't available to non-subscribers :) at least that's the only one i know of..
cerr
Registered Member
OS

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:23 am
Mark Kretschmann wrote:There still is the "Recommended" stream from Last.fm, but I think it was only added recently (for 2.1). I have it here.

(However, maybe this stream is only available to Last.fm subscribers, not sure).

Also see here:

http://padoca.wordpress.com/2009/02/15/ ... h-version/

Well yes i have this too, not sure if it's there cause i'm a last.fm subscriber too or because - as rotzbouw says- it is available for everyone. But in Amarok 1.4 the recommended tracks changed depending on what you have in your playlist and now it's just playing whatever is recommended relating to your whole last.fm profile... or is there anything else i'm not seeing? Oh maybe i'm meant to listen to similar artists from a certain band... this is better but still i would have been nice if you have a prepopulated track list as the one from 1.4 - i loved that feature - oh well....love sometimes doesn't work out and you need to look for "something" else :) the same here i guess 8)