This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Searching CDDB

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Matt Savage
Registered Member

Searching CDDB

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 am
I'm in the slow process of converting my vinyl collection to CD/MP3 and since switching from XP to Kubuntu have a real problem with filling in the track data. With WMP if it cant find the CD on CDDB (which as it's a copy it won't) it allows you to search the CDDB for the album info manually. I can't find this function in Amarok and have to fill in each MP3 Tag field by hand for each track which is a pain! Is there anyway to do this sort of search?

Matt
darkscot
Registered Member
OS

Re: Searching CDDB

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:51 am
If you are using amarok 2 then no, not yet.  If you are using amarok 1.4 then there is the Musicbrainz lookup.

You should also try EasyTag.  It is an excellent tag editing package.  It does have CDDB lookup but i have never been able to get it to work! :)  Preferring to use Musicbrainz on Amarok 1.4

An alternative is download them already properly tagged. Not that I am suggesting piracy or illegal file copying!  It may be very easy to search for 'Led Zeppelin torrent' and then download all their tracks FOC, but that does not make it right!

Also, arguably you should be using freedb.com!

Last edited by darkscot on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER