This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Any documentation?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
EnkiduOnTheNet
Registered Member

Any documentation?

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:09 am
Is there any documentation on the usage of Amarok? For example, I drag and drop a Playlist and the songs appear on the right, but all that happens is that the first track plays again and again!! I'd have thought that the program would go through the playlist, but I've only ever been able to play one tune!

Is there any documentation that shows how to use Amarok?

Cheers,

Enk
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Any documentation?

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:53 pm
You forgot to tell us which version of Amarok you are using. Also, which distribution and which KDE version would be helpful.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
EnkiduOnTheNet
Registered Member

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:00 pm
True, but I'd assume that it was roughly the same whatever the version.

I have Amarok 1.4.10, and it reports KDE 3.5.10 although I'm running Gnome. Distro is Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex.

The trouble is, without a manual I am unable to tell if what I see is a bug or more likely me doing things wrong. For instance I have a Playlist of about a dozen songs and I drag it to the right hand panel and only the first song plays repeatedly. I suspect that that shouldn't happen!

Cheers,

Cliff
dangle_wtf

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:22 am
There are some pretty big changes between the two versions, so the documentation doesn't really translate well!
the docs for 1.4 are mostly pretty good - but not entirely complete.
For your problem, check that you haven't got "repeat song" checked. There's a series of icons at the bottom of the playlist showing the status of shuffle play, repeat playlist, repeat album, repeat track etc.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"