This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2.0.2 - Organize mp3 files and missing delete function

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alex69
Registered Member
Hi,
  are there any plans to integrate the same functions for deleting mp3 files from disk as well as the organize function like in Amarok 1.4 ?
  In the previous version is was very easy and fast to organize the files. Amarok 2.0 is a great player, but when it comes to simply organize
  the files, it is getting tricky. Maybe there are some external plugins or extensions what I don't know. If there are no plans, maybe someone
  could tell me what is a good application for mp3 file re-organization.

brgds
/alex
spacemoose
Registered Member
Hi.  I'd like to second this request.  Is the ability to delete a file from the amarok interface at least planned?  I hope to god you haven't decided to eliminate this functionality in an attempt to be streamlined.  This should be a quick and easy feature.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
In Amarok 2.1, we have a "Delete Tracks" in the collection context menu. I assume that's what you mean, right?

Check out 2.1-beta1 :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
pvanderr
Registered Member
Hi Mark, thanks for the info although I think it may frustrate that you cannot just delete the song youve just listened to from your playlist, you first have to go find it in your collection context view and then can delete it. 1.4's feature deletion from playlist was much more convenient in that respect.

Thanks for all the hard work guys! Respect
Göran Jartin
Registered Member
1.4's feature deletion from playlist was much more convenient in that respect.
I agree - it's a very practical way to clean your collection from unwanted tracks. I really would appreciate if this feature was reintroduced!
imported-rock
Registered Member
I also want to second this request.  I recently upgraded my stable version of Kubuntu to the new jaunty version.  I panicked when I noticed that Amarok 2.0 didn't offer all the must have and essential features that I use in Amarok 1.4.  I tried Amarok 2.1 and in my frustration I just rolled back to Amarok 1.4

I just couldn't find the features that for me made Amarok awesome:
1.  Mange/orginize files by right-clicking the song in the play list to include customizing the naming conversion.  Delete tracks is minuscule to this, but still hella convenient.  Organizing files would let me rename and moved hundreds of songs with one click.  This can take days to do manually.

2.  I couldn't find the options to modify the current view of your play list to show different info from the tags and to sort as such in a column.  Just to get year/genre to show at all for example without having to access the tags manually. 

3.  SHUFFLE play list.  How such a simple yet powerful option was taken out?

If you guys have been able to find these capabilities, please share.  I'm currently using 1.4 and don't plan to go to 2.x until I hear these options that made Amarok the best music player (in my opinion) come back.