This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

More gratuity

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jhyslop
Registered Member

More gratuity

Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:29 pm
Hi

I am a long serving CIXen and Ubuntu bloke, who mistakenly bought an iPOD shuffle for a long bus journey, mainly because I'd bought a few far east jobs that didn't really work and I just wanted something to do the job without any hassle,. I've got a dual boot XP Pro on one of my PCs, so I stuck I tunes on it (reluctantly), and installed GTKpod and HIPO on ubumtu an my main machine. I had to use i tuns to get the fuc**ng thing going, but the sound quality was great. (just because they're copyright wank*rs doesn't mean they can't do electronics)  The nightmare started when I wanted to use linux to add tracks, which many people had said was easy. Ha ha..

To cut a long story short, I spent hours and hours going down to command line stuff an I still couldn't make the linux stuff do anything properly. Then I went for AMORK, even though I've got gnome on all my PCs and am not a big KDE fan. Ubuntu (synaptic) put all the right  stuff in and it worked, as they say, it 'just worked'. I found an online tutorial that told me how to load my iPOD and that worked too. And so far it doesn't seem to be doing loads of unpredictable track skipping like rhythmbox did (no disrespect guys. Anyone who works on free software is worth ten of me).

So, basically, thanks.

Jon