This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Various Artists Issue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
EmyrB
Registered Member

Various Artists Issue

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:53 pm
Hi All,

Just upgraded from Ubuntu 8.10 to Ubuntu 9.04 and I am having some very serious issues with Amarok 2.0.2. I have quite a few albums that have various artists on them, under 1.4.x they were displayed correctly, one album with all the various artists in them. With V2.0.2, when I first imported my collection it listed them under their artist names and when I clicked on show in various artists, I have a list of the same album for each of the artists (I have an album that called Ibiza Top 100 and I have 100 separate entries under various artists for this album). How do I get amarok to stop doing this? I have checked the tags and they are fine.

Cheers
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Various Artists Issue

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 am
The "Various Artists" support has seen many improvements in Amarok 2.1, so you might want to check out beta1, which is (at the time of this writing) our latest official release.

We also have a bug report for this:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=172953

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
EmyrB
Registered Member

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:48 am
Ah cool, can I download 2.1 for Ubuntu 9.04 as a .deb or will I have to compile from source?

Cheers

EmyrB
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:01 pm
EmyrB wrote:Ah cool, can I download 2.1 for Ubuntu 9.04 as a .deb or will I have to compile from source?

Yes, apparently you can get 2.1-beta1. I'm copying this from what a user wrote:

## Kubuntu Experimental
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-experi ... ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-experi ... ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

Add in your /etc/apt/sources.list

--
metalcoat
Registered Member

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:08 am
I installed via the source you listed here.  Local Collection just shows a hard drive and how many tracks and not navigation plus etc.  I cannot double click or anything to get the collection.  Is this a simple broken repository do you think?
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:51 am
metalcoat wrote:I installed via the source you listed here.  Local Collection just shows a hard drive and how many tracks and not navigation plus etc.  I cannot double click or anything to get the collection.  Is this a simple broken repository do you think?

Try to nuke your database (make a backup first):

rm -rf $HOME/.kde/share/apps/amarok/mysqle

--
metalcoat
Registered Member

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:01 pm
That worked.  One problem though, my Ipod shows up and is mounted but doesn't get added into the collection (just want to sync).  I tried the media devices applet but clicking on those icons appear to do nothing.