This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok displays the wrong album artwork for some albums......

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
techno-mole
Registered Member
This may sound a little strange but im having a small issue with some of my albums and amarok 2, basically amarok is displaying the wrong artwork for a couple of albums, i have tried setting custom covers, and using the " fetch cover " option and ive tried using the cover manager as well, but no dice.

basically i have some greatest hits albums (as im sure a lot of people do) but the issue is only affecting a couple, i have simply reds greatest hits. red hot chili peppers greatest hits and squeeze greatest hits and inxs greatest hits (these are the ones being affected)

what happens is that the simply red album artwork is correct, but according to amarok the artwork for squeeze and the red hot chili peppers is the same as the simply red artwork (its using the same cover) i have tried un setting the cover, and then searching for the right one, and when ive found it ive tried saving it, but it just displays the simply red one again, this happens for the other albums, so it looks like i have 4 copies of one album in my collection, so the inxs, squeeze, red hot chili peppers all have the simply red artwork, and amarok wont let me use anything else.

ive been through the tagging and such like but it all looks fine, i have other greatest hits albums that are fine (eg - guns n roses greatest hits, the pretenders greatest hits, the jam greatest hits, and others) its just these few, and im a little puzzled.

im running 9.04 (ubuntu) and using amarok 2

cheers
metalcoat
Registered Member
This is very odd, I also have that problem specifically with the simply reds album.  This problem also existed in 1.4.
Tomte
Registered Member
I have the same problem  (amarok 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.90) - especially with King Crimson Cd's
metalcoat
Registered Member
This was also posted over in the Help section.  I think they are aware of the problem and a lot is fixed in the SVN build.  Best just to wait, or check the bug reports to see if has already been filed.  Not a huge deal to me since I don't tend to keep Simply Red on the top of my playlists.
techno-mole
Registered Member
its not a big deal, most of the albums are fine, the simply red album is okay, im not sure why amarok wants to label the red hot chili peppers with the same album art though, it even uses the simply red art for the chili's album when ive set a custom cover ?
but its not a big deal.

i have noticed that if the tagging on any track is a little off then amarok will mark the odd tags as unknown, or put them in a different album, for example - track 14 on the guns n roses greatest hits album (sympathy for the devil) kept coming up as an unkown because it had (although i have no idea why) slightly different tagging info, it was okay once the tagging was sorted.

maybe amarok just likes things to be precise.