This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2 will not Pause in Ubuntu Jaunty Gnome

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rockgod2099
Registered Member
Hi I installed the gnome multimedia keys for amarok 2 on my ubuntu jaunty distro, and while the keys work, amarok will not pause.  When I hit the pause key, on the multimedia keyboard or in the gui, it will restart the song that it was playing when I hit pause.  Any ideas?
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Switch to the xine Phonon backend.

As this question has been asked numerous times before, I'm not going into detail here. Please search in the forum and on google.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
rockgod2099
Registered Member
But I am using the phonon-backend-xine.  I had to uninstall amarok, the xine backend, and the gstreamer backend, only to reinstall amarok and the xine backend to get the other multimedia keys to work.  My question is specifically related to the pause button which does not work.

And I have searched google and the amarok forums and found nothing on the pause button, hence why I posted this thread.  Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, maybe you can point to a link where this issue of the pause button not working while all the other multimedia buttons work is dealt with. Maybe this is better suited as something to be posted in a bug tracker, but I wanted to give Amarok the benefit of the doubt that there might be a fix already.
ponga
Registered Member
I justed upgraded to Jaunty and Amarok 2 pauses fine. I have no idea what output engine I'm using because this used to be controlled under "Settings -> Configure Amarok" but I guess Amarok 2 moved many settings *somewhere*, though I have not been able to find them yet...
dumtruck51
Registered Member
I had the same problem (pause button from keyboard or screen/mouse caused the track to replay).

After installing the  Kubuntu Restricted Extras package, everything was back to normal.
thrawn01
Registered Member
This worked for me, Dunno why installing that package fixes the issue. But it did for me.