This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Some Details bout Amarok 2.0.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wagner_fsoares
Registered Member

Some Details bout Amarok 2.0.2

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:24 pm
(sorry if anything I'll say here was already been said, cause I did some search in this forum and didn't found anything)

Ok, first I'd like to congratulate you devs for this great software that Amarok is (I'm a developer too and I know how hard it is).
I came here to talk about my experience with Amarok1.4 and Amarok2 and some things that they have in common but isn't like it had to be.
To be honest, I'm actually using Amarok1.4, cause the main features (both 1.4 and 2.0 have what I need) in Amarok2 isn't working like expected.

1. the cover system:
    In Amarok1.4 I could do a "Fetch Missing Covers" (correct me if I'm wrong, my system is in another language) and in 90% of the cases it gets the right cover. I don't know if it's a problem with the tags or the search or the order of the fields being sent, but when I search for a cover,  the fields in 1.4 are Artist and Album.

2. song tags problem:
    I read something about it in this forum, but just to reinforce. I've some musics that have a ID3-only tag, Amarok2 isn't recognizing it and my problem with "Fetch Missing Covers" get worse (cause I've to manually write the fields).

3. refreshing and auto-refreshing collection:
    The auto-refreshing I didn't missed too much if the manual refresh collection was working (correct me if I'm wrong please). Actually the musics that it wasn't refreshing were inside a sub-folder (if this fact matters), and musics that were inside a sub-sub-folder weren't even beeing recognized.

4. Queue songs that have ID3-only tag:
    When I change their album and artist fileds in tags at once they should be reorganized like any other album, instead they are beeing organized like individual albuns (restarting Amarok2 solves this problem BTW).

[the next details aren't really too important, but I would like to comment]

5. OSD editing:
    Font size, color and label editing.
6. Tray icon animation when playing and paused:
    I really like that thing.

and that is it, these things are the main feature for me and my friends, that like me, have Amarok for music player.
I wish I could help on coding,  but I don't know QT (yet). until there... just reading.

thanks!