This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Has anyone reportd problems with Amarok and Kubunt 9.04?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
shocktherapyXLI
Registered Member
I seem to be having problems with Amarok freezing up the system in jaunty.  I've been transferring my music files from an external HD to my computer.  Unfortunately when I was using windows about half of my collection got really messed up so I was going through the single files and listening to them through Amarok (because the only information listed on the file was a track number and the song name, but if I play it through amarok it displays the artist and the album info and I can then drop them into the right folders to make things easier on me for file locations etc...) and kept getting lots of freezes after about 4-5 tracks.... So I though that maybe it was a combination of th external HD and Amarok that might be causing this... SO after this I just dragged and dropped the single files from the external HD to the music folder thinking that it might be better to sort through them that way... mistake on my part it seems... because now instead of getting the artist/CD name with the song title I just get the song title with no other information at all with the file and am still getting the freezes....

Would this be an Amarok issue or a is it just a new distro issue?  I am still pretty new to Linux and Amarok as a whole, and just don't know any better so I thought I would ask here and in the Kubuntu forums as well to find out if it is something that I am doing wrong?

Thanks and any and all help is appreciated....  The Zune Software I was using then really has my files scattered all over the place, Amarok does a good job sorting them as far as the player itself... But I just want to have my music filesytem cleaned up as well.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
I haven't had this problem, but then I'm not dealing with the Zune aftermath or a external HD. However, I have dealt with scattered files before, and I think it's worth the time to set up your final file system the way you want it, and then move the files (named as you want them), and THEN have Amarok do a scan.

It will make your music listening experience less fraught with frustration, IMO.

Valorie, who organizes into OGG or MP3 files, then Artist, Album, and finally tracks