This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok 2.0 does not support media devices as amarok 1.4?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imaimaibah
Registered Member
hi, I'm newbie here.

I'm currently using amarok. I used to use 1.4 but recently updated to 2.0.
2.0 doesn't seem to support media devices like 1.4 does. I'm using iPhone3G and goes along with amarok1.4 really good.
It transfers cover arts as well so I'm just wondering if 2.0 supports it like 1.4 does or it's a future develop?

Shin
jasreca
Registered Member
Yes, I really don't quite understand it. I run ubuntu, and I updated from Intrepid to Jaunty, and Amarok upgraded automatically (there's no support for 1.4 in Jaunty anymore, 2 comes by default) - just to find out that there is no support for Media Devices anymore.

I'm extremely disappointed, and really can't understand how Amarok 2 could have even been released without something as crucial as that...
jasreca
Registered Member
Well, I found a private repo with repacked amarok 1.4 so I wiped my 2.0 installation. So long, 2.0!

Finally, everything works again. And it's not sucking the life out of my comps resources either. I really think this 2.0 thing is waaaaaay too early to be at all usable.
xevix
Registered Member
imaimaibah wrote:hi, I'm newbie here.

I'm currently using amarok. I used to use 1.4 but recently updated to 2.0.
2.0 doesn't seem to support media devices like 1.4 does. I'm using iPhone3G and goes along with amarok1.4 really good.
It transfers cover arts as well so I'm just wondering if 2.0 supports it like 1.4 does or it's a future develop?

Shin

Amarok 2 was a complete rewrite, so not all things are back just yet.  Device support is there for non-iPhone iPods, and MTP devices at the moment, with support for mass storage devices and hopefully iPhone support making a comeback this summer.
kickstand
Registered Member
I want this feature :(