This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[feature request] Wikipedia feature and radio streams

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
RgnKjnVA
Registered Member
First, a HUGE thank you to the Amarok team for putting together a really flexible and robust player! I consider Amarok a must for my Ubuntu machines.

Now on to the issue at hand. I did a few searches to try to find an existing thread but found none. My apologies if this is an old issue. I'm using 1.4.10 and I really like the Context panel however I mostly listen to streaming radio which is hosing the Wikipedia function since stations typically display artist and song title info in the Title field in the format Artist - Song Title. The Wiki function in turn searches for 'Artist - Song Title' which, of course, never finds a match rendering this very handy feature moot. Is it possible to parse the artist portion prior to '-'? I realize that would mess up searches for Bachman-Turner Overdrive and such but the Me in me doesn't care. Alternatively, could the messaging that results from a failed lookup parse out the two strings before and after the hyphen making each a linked search for each? At least then the info would be a click away as opposed to simply being unattainable in the Context panel.