This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Re: MTP foto camera and Amarok.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
elpoohy
Registered Member

MTP foto camera and Amarok.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:04 pm
Every time when I connect my MTP foto camera to PC amarok decide that it's an media player and connect to it, so I can't grab my foto by digikam or any other soft.
Maybe there is a way to learn amarok not to connect to  it, but i can't find it.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:44 pm
Model of the camera would be nice. This seems to be a problem with libmtp used by Amarok. It's the library, which tells Amarok, if the device is mtp-capable, depending on vendor- and product-id.
Can a MTP device only be accessed from one application at a time? If so, you should start digikam before amarok. Another solution would be to compile amarok without MTP-Support, if you don't have an MTP-Player, too.
Perhaps you can access your camera as disk?
And for the developer: Perhaps it is possible, that Amarok differences between MTP-devices, capable of images only, and those capable of video/audio.

Greetings
m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
elpoohy
Registered Member

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:02 pm
Model: Canon PowerShot A640
lsusb say: "Bus 001 Device 040: ID 04a9:3139 Canon, Inc."

This cam cannot be use by more than one program.

I thought that not good method to turn off amarok every time when I want to grab my foto to pc. :(
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:34 pm
Unfortunately I don't have a mtp-device handy. And as I wrote in the previous post, the problem is libmtp. But you can access the camera in ptp-mode from within digikam.
Or you recompile amaro k without mtp-support.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.