This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok 2.1 last.fm media devices

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
passerby
Registered Member
OS

amarok 2.1 last.fm media devices

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:47 pm
i remeber in 1.4 when ever i plugged my ipod in it would send a bunch a songs i played to last.fm

does 2.1 still do this or that feature is not there anymore
jewgienij
Registered Member
That's the feature I miss the most in Amarok 2!

I travel a lot and because of this I listen to music mostly on my iPod. I really regret I can't upload the stats to last.fm.
Tug_McGroin
Registered Member

Re: amarok 2.1 last.fm media devices

Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:05 pm
I registered just to make this post. I'm really excited about 2.1, cause I've been going between Amarok and Songbird and now that 2.1 has taken care of the scrobbling issue I'm back in its loving arms.

However, I've been searching a lot trying to find out how or if 2.1 is able to scrobble songs played on my ipod and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about 2.1 yet. So is there anyone that can confirm whether it does or does not?
jewgienij
Registered Member
Can anybody from The Amarok Team say whether it is going to be implemented and when?
serroba
Registered Member
OS

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:26 pm
i have the same problem. i want to send my music that i listen in my ipod... i love the amarok 2.1, it's really amazing, but... i miss that feature...

any idea that when amarok 2.X support that option???
google01103
Manager

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:52 pm
fyi - you need a paid account to be able to access last.fm from within Amarok 2.x
see viewtopic.php?f=115&t=81059

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

serroba
Registered Member
OS
In the first place, i have a paid account, i'm a subscriber, but this it's no the problem. Before, in the amarok 1.4 when i connect my ipod to the computer, amarok immediately send the total tracks that a listen in the ipod. My iPod it's 5 generation.

Then the problem is, in amarok 2.x that feature don't exist.

And the question is, when amarok 2.x support that feature?
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
google01103 wrote:fyi - you need a paid account to be able to access last.fm from within Amarok 2.x
see viewtopic.php?f=115&t=81059

Incorrect. No need to be a subscriber to scrobble.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.