This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lighting Control Script / Plugin?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gbw88
Registered Member

Lighting Control Script / Plugin?

Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:35 pm
Hello all, my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I've searched the forum and Google tirelessly for the past few days to no avail.

What I'm looking for is some manner of script (or even a plugin for another Linux media player, if someone knows of one...) that would allow me to control a set of lights that are toggled via a relay switching circuit. I have this setup in the traditional manner of using the parallel port to toggle pins 2-9 to high / low, which triggers the relay, etc etc. This is most likely old hat for anyone familiar with home automation. In my case, I'm using it for a lighting display for a party setup I have, which just quite isn't up to snuff on windows, so I'm looking for the equivalent in a Linux environment.

So far I've managed to locate one plugin- Palace DCI, which is for the original XMMS. Both the plugin and XMMS are rather obsolete at this point though, and Amarok is by and far my preferred media player under Linux, but I can't seem to find anything for it. Frankly, I can't even get Palace to compile, so I'm kind of up a creek here....

If anyone could offer me any insight or a direction to pursue, I'd be really appreciative. Thanks!