This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Playlist duplicate/missing track removal

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bahstid
Registered Member
Although its quite a small issue in comparison to some of the other problems I have with Amarok 2, just wanted to put in a vote to bring back the "Remove duplicate/missing tracks" feature that was in the playlist menu of 1.4.  Obviously its not too difficult to do the removal manually, but can be a bit time consuming to tidy up user-generated playlists... and just to be clear its the "duplicates" part of the feature that I'm interested in. 

If you wonder why I need this, I have two cases where this is an issue:  First when I listen to dynamic playlists I often drag tracks into my own playlists to save for later use, and find that I often end up with a track added to the same category(playlist) several times when I come back to it.  The other time is that some tracks end up in a lot of playlists, and if I load a few saved playlists into the current playlist, the track in question comes up multiple times.  It's not a major issue for personal listening, but amarok chooses the music in my bar a lot of the time and having this feature was an easy way to prevent it from playing the same track 5 times in a night, or even worse sometimes a few times in a row!