This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

albums tagged as compilations not getting recognized as compilations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
easypeasy
Registered Member
I just upgraded to ubuntu 9.04 (which comes with amarok 2.0.2) from 8.04 (amarok 1.4).

I've been setting either the TCMP tag (for mp3s, same as iTunes uses) or the COMPILATION tag (for flacs) on all the songs in my albums that I want amarok to recognize as compilations, and to place under "Various Artists" in the collection browser.  I spent a lot of time getting all of my songs tagged systematically, and this was working great in 1.4, which paid attention to those tags.  But when I scanned my music directory into amarok 2.0.2, none of these albums were recognized as compilations.  Therefore these songs were split up by artist, and scattered all over the place, a complete mess (thousands of 1-song artists).

Anyone know if this will be fixed at some point?  It makes amarok 2.x kinda unusable for me.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Ubuntu package is broken and out of date. Update to 2.1.1

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
easypeasy
Registered Member
For the moment I've downgraded back to 1.4, but I'll look forward to that working in the future (maybe I'll try 2.x again when I go to ubuntu 9.10).  Thx.