This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok crashes on startup

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bushveld
Registered Member
OS

amarok crashes on startup

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:10 am
Hello,

I use the KDE 4.2.96 (KDE 4.3 RC2)) "release 142" and what ever I do amarok crashes when I start it. I tried to raise a bug request but the system tells me that the crashlog is not usabe. So I installed the debugdevel package but still the system does not like my crashlog. What else can I install so that I get a usable crashlog?

Thanks a lot
Michael

openSUSE 11.2 and KDE 4.4.0 -- Vita brevis! --
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: amarok crashes on startup

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:53 pm
bushveld wrote:I use the KDE 4.2.96 (KDE 4.3 RC2)) "release 142" and what ever I do amarok crashes when I start it. I tried to raise a bug request but the system tells me that the crashlog is not usabe. So I installed the debugdevel package but still the system does not like my crashlog. What else can I install so that I get a usable crashlog?

Maybe start with telling us which Amarok version you try to run and on which distribution? Starting amarok with the --debug option from a konsole can give some hints, too. BTW, there is a nice instruction here: http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tut ... sh_reports on how to produce valid backtraces.

Erasing the current Amarok config files, located in ~/.kde/share/config/ can help, too.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...