This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Last.FM queue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TeenagerFromMars
Registered Member
OS

Feature Request: Last.FM queue

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:33 pm
Hello fellow amarokers,

I'm thinking about finally switching from KDE 3.5 to 4.3 and thus Amarok 1.4.x to 2.x. On of the most important features of Amarok 1.4 to me is the Last.FM queue. So I'd like to ask whether Amarok 2.x re-implements the Last.fm-queue like 1.4. In 1.4, when you tell Amarok to scrobble your tracks but you are not online while listening, it would scrobble all the tracks you listened to later when you are back online.

The last version of Amarok 2.0.x I tried a few months ago did not do this. It would be really cool if someone using 2.1.x could check this out; it is a very important feature to me :-)

Thanks in advance,
TeenagerFromMars

Last edited by TeenagerFromMars on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeenagerFromMars
Registered Member
OS

Re: Amarok 2.x Last.FM queue?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 am
A lot of people took a look at this thread, but no one seems to know. So I tried it out in a virtual machine. Amarok does not seem to have a Last.FM queue yet like 1.4 did, so I'd like to turn this into a feature request for a future version o)
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Feature Request: Last.FM queue

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:10 am
This is due to a bug in liblastfm we already know of and we are working on it with the last.fm guys.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
TeenagerFromMars
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:41 pm
That's great news. Thanks! :)
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:26 pm
Currently on 2.2-git, I was surprised, that Amarok submitted songs, I've listened to while offline 2 weeks ago.
Will look into that right now.

m0nk
lfranchi
KDE Developer

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm
Actually regarding 2.1, it's not a liblastfm issue as 2.1 doesn't use liblastfm at all. 2.2-git had this bug until we worked around it last week. That said, maybe it was also broken in 2.1 (I never tried), but at this point the Last.fm code has changed so much that I just recommend using 2.2 when it comes out.

Amarok developer.

lfranchi, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.