This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

When will Amarok 2 support play count syncing with iPod's?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TrickyRic
Registered Member
With the old Amarok I used to connect my iPod and it would sync the play counts and submit the iPod plays to last.fm, backdating so everything matched up nicely in my last.fm profile.

I realise iPod support has only recently begun to come together in Amarok 2 but now that most people appear to be able to sync their playlists to their iPod now, all be it a little unreliably, I was just wondering when support is likely to return for these play count syncs? I play a hell of a lot of music on my iPod and would love for it to scrobble again :-).

Thanks.
serroba
Registered Member
OS
i have the same question....

almost the 50% that my music i listen, play in my iPod...

i miss that feature...
garyccurtin
Registered Member
OS
This was one reason I have kept Amarok 1.4 running for so long. Having over 35000 tracks in my collection, I like to keep track of what I have listened to on my iPod during the day.

Please, please, please . . . some development on this feature would be much appreciated.
unknowndevice
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Folks, could you please stay on topic? Most of the posts here are definitely *not*.

so, thread creep is not welcome here? honest question, i haven't posted here much.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
unknowndevice wrote:
Mamarok wrote:Folks, could you please stay on topic? Most of the posts here are definitely *not*.

so, thread creep is not welcome here? honest question, i haven't posted here much.

Creep, not so much. It makes sense to stay on topic. ;)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Mamarok
Manager
OS
unknowndevice wrote:so, thread creep is not welcome here? honest question, i haven't posted here much.

Thread hijacking is welcome nowhere, and certainly not in a support forum.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
unknowndevice
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:
unknowndevice wrote:so, thread creep is not welcome here? honest question, i haven't posted here much.

in the future, i'll try to remember to start another thread. for what it's worth, i've never heard the term "thread hijacking" before. it's not as if i've put a gun to anyone's head in a figurative sense (like a real hijacker does literally), nor have i ever seen anyone have such a visceral reaction to the topic of a thread gradually drifting.
dom
Registered Member
OS
So we learnt a lot about thread-hijacking now, but...

is there a chance that Amarok will be able to scrobble songs and update the playcounts again?

I miss that feature, too...
Bausparfuchs
Registered Member
OS
Go to #amarok on freenode and Ask Xevix for that. He might give you information cause he does the IPODSUpport.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
unknowndevice wrote:
Mamarok wrote:

in the future, i'll try to remember to start another thread. for what it's worth, i've never heard the term "thread hijacking" before. it's not as if i've put a gun to anyone's head in a figurative sense (like a real hijacker does literally), nor have i ever seen anyone have such a visceral reaction to the topic of a thread gradually drifting.

To give some more insight, thread hijacking refers to using an already existing topic for your own purposes, which are most likely off-topic. Why is it a bad idea? Most supporters decide after some posts if they can be of help or not and will not visit the topic anymore. Also, possible followers with the same problem will not find it as easy as they could.
If you want a solution for your actual problem then it is always the best idea to open a new topic if none such topic already exists.
So it was not really a visceral reaction, it is just a hint on how to get the best feedback you deserve. Afterall, we all want a great desktop experience ;)

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.