This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

forum move

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nightrose
KDE CWG
OS

forum move

Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:07 pm
Heya folks :)

I'm happy to announce that we moved our forum to the official KDE forum.

All content and account data have been migrated. Migration of attachments and avatars is still in progress.
Some nicks conflicted. If you can't log in with your nick try your email address. If you want nicks changed/merged in this case please get in touch with me or the KDE forum team in #kde-forum on freenode.

Thanks to the KDE forum team for handling migration and Jeff for helping on the Amarok side.

Now go and enjoy a much improved Amarok forum :)
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Re: forum move

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:12 pm
Not everything has been migrated:
I've lost my karma!
Buhuhhuhu:-)

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:24 pm
Yep, this is sad indeed, I just asked the admins if it would be possible to get at least the positive karma back :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:11 pm
DOn't know, if this the right place, but the move to kde.org forums isn't working as the old one.
The forum is permanently running out of connections and there was more clearness, especially the overview (for new postings).
But ok, it's too late now.

m0nk

bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:40 pm
Permanently running out of connections? The only time I usually encounter this is for about 10-15 minutes from 4:02pm GMT+12 when the backup is run by sysadmin, as this locks the databases.

Also, at this current time we are experiencing issues with high memory usage of the processes supporting KDETalk, which are hosted on the same server. We are currently asking the sysadmins regarding this.

If you have any problems with the design, please feel free to comment in the Feedback & Questions forum.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:33 pm
Permanently was the wrong word, let's say often. But I will try to avoid the backup window now.
Thank you for the info.
In the old Amarok forum not only the author, but the topic was shown on the summary page, so you could see, if there were new answers to your posts (or new posts) without entering the specific sub-forum.
But that's not worth a own post in the Feedback and Questions forum.
I'm more interested in a working Amarok, than on a working board.

m0nk

bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:39 pm
We have investigated and found it is possible to add Subjects to the last post column to the forums. However it is going to take some time as it causes layouting issues, but it is coming.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]