This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

feature request: notification osd option

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stimpyjcat
Registered Member
Hi, I was trying the amaroknotify and notifyamarok script but looks like the engine dont give full support to replace the built in OSD

The problem is with streams (like radioparadise) that change the artist and title when the song changes, but, since the track is the same, the scripts cant work.
Perhaps because Amarok.Engine.trackChanged only notify when the track change and the osd uses another method.

So, the request is for a option that lets the OSD works with the notifications (maybe that will be not possible yet if the amarok team has bigger plans for the osd) OR make the trackChanged works like the one that uses the OSD OR create something like a trackInfoChanged that let the scripts know when a stream (or something) modify the song information

thats all, thanks ^^

oh, and here is the notifyamarok (the one that worked better): http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/No ... ent=103307
JanGerrit
OS
I think it's a very nice idea, why don't you post it in the Brainstorm Section of the KDE-Forum?

Mamarok
Manager
OS
JanGerrit wrote:I think it's a very nice idea, why don't you post it in the Brainstorm Section of the KDE-Forum?

Why? This is an Amarok feature request, I don't see why this should go elsewhere.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
JanGerrit
OS
There are some Amarok-Ideas, too, so I thought it could go there.