This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Recently added albums

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
haakon
Registered Member

Recently added albums

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:27 pm
This is probably not a unique rant, so please excuse that.

I really, really miss the various ways to filter the collection that Amarok 1 had. I often want a list of all recently added albums. Now I have to add the Albums widget, and to see the recently added albums, i have to stop the music, which seems completely arbitrary. And I can only see the five most recent ones (and only if the Amarok window is big enough).

If I could have just one wish for Amarok 2, it would be to bring back the excellent collection filter capabilities.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Re: Recently added albums

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:53 pm
Don't know your version of Amarok, but ever typed something like
Code: Select all
added:<1week
in the search field of the collection?

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
haakon
Registered Member

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 pm
Dieter Schroeder wrote:Don't know your version of Amarok, but ever typed something like
in the search field of the collection?

Wow, did not know about that. Will be immensely useful to me, even if I have to type a little. Thanks!
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:19 pm
You know, that there are more possibilities?
added:
playcount:
etc.
You can add bookmarks for your searches (in 2.2)
I've a bookmark "Last week", which shows me albums added in the last week f.e.

m0nk

google01103
Manager

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:02 pm
cute but:
1) why not available in the filter editor?
2) why not documented (or if so where)?
3) what about bit rate and format as search criteria?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

haakon
Registered Member

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 pm
Great feature, looking forward to 2.2. I was thinking the same as google01103; this should definitely not only be documented (possibly as a tooltip on the filter textfield), but be exposed in the filter dialog.

Can you conjunctively combine the filters? Like if I wanted all tracks added in the last month that I've played more than 10 times, say. (Heck, maybe I just need an SQL interface ;-) )
google01103
Manager

Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:18 pm
haakon wrote:Can you conjunctively combine the filters? Like if I wanted all tracks added in the last month that I've played more than 10 times, say. (Heck, maybe I just need an SQL interface ;-) )

I think you've always been able to combine filters in the "edit filter" gui using the append button, and the ability to "and" OR "or" is there also

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

taliesin
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:23 am
This... doesn't seem to work for me. I added several albums in the past few days, and typing
just shows my whole collection. Just today I added a folder that amarok is supposed to watch, and the two albums in there show up as new if I type
added:<3day
but any longer and it's back to everything showing up.

I'm using amarok 2.2.1.90 on KDE 4.3.3, running gentoo.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm
This works perfectly well in Amarok 2.2.2 final, to be released on Monday.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:08 pm
taliesin wrote:This... doesn't seem to work for me. I added several albums in the past few days, and typing
just shows my whole collection. Just today I added a folder that amarok is supposed to watch, and the two albums in there show up as new if I type
added:<3day
but any longer and it's back to everything showing up.

I'm using amarok 2.2.1.90 on KDE 4.3.3, running gentoo.

I'm here on GIT and works for me:

added:<8d playcount:0

or

added:<1w playcount:0

shows me all newly added songs, that I haven't played yet.

Regards
Dieter

taliesin
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:13 am
OK, well. Quitting and restarting amarok did not make it work, but rebooting the machine solved it (no way to know if simply restarting kde would have done the job -- probably). Now, the "added:<" syntax works, which is cool.

Thanks for the help!

Obviously, this solves the problem for me, but I should think a more user-discoverable solution than typing the rather cryptic "added:<1w" would be in order. As near as I can tell, the only way to discover this functionality at this point is to 1) know that you're missing it, possibly from version 1.x; 2) google search; 3) find this page. That's not really gonna be too useful to most people.
AnneTanne
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:21 pm
Dieter Schroeder wrote:You can add bookmarks for your searches (in 2.2)

Would it be possible to explain how to add a bookmark for a search? I seem to be rather stupid, as I don't find out how bookmarking works in Amarok (exept for the addition of a position marker).
(Amarok 2.2.2)

--
Ann
Zebedee
Registered Member

Re: Recently added albums  Topic is solved

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:46 pm
AnneTanne wrote:
Dieter Schroeder wrote:You can add bookmarks for your searches (in 2.2)

Would it be possible to explain how to add a bookmark for a search? I seem to be rather stupid, as I don't find out how bookmarking works in Amarok (exept for the addition of a position marker).
(Amarok 2.2.2)

--
Ann

1. Type in your search, say 'added:<3days' then click on the small bookmark icon in the top right corner of the media sources pane.

2. Click on 'Bookmark Media Sources View'

3. Click on the bookmark icon again. You should now see a new entry called 'local music', which is not really a good name for your new bookmarked search.

4. Click on the bookmark icon again and now select the 'bookmark manager'

5. Double click on 'local music' and change the name of the bookmark to something like 'Added last 3 days'

There are a number of obvious possibilities to improve the usability of amarok here. But the functionality is all there. :)

Zebedee, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
AnneTanne
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm
Zebedee wrote:There are a number of obvious possibilities to improve the usability of amarok here. But the functionality is all there. :)

I like using Amarok because of the very simple integration of Magnatune, but I'm afraid I'm nog made from the geeky stuff, and I'm a gnome-user, so I still have to find my way in some KDE-apps...

But your explanation simply worked, so thanks a lot...
tris_r
Registered Member

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:54 am
Thank you thank you thank you thank you...

This is one of the functionalities that I've been missing.

The other major one was labels, which is back in 2.2. However, I can't find how to search by label in the gui and
label:pop
label:=pop
label:"pop"

in the search didn't seem to work.

Would anyone have any ideas or even better a list of search-able attributes.

By the way have I said thank you..
Tris