This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

MP3 Tags

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
yermandu
Registered Member
OS

Re: MP3 Tags

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:21 pm
I try this

Remove Amarok:

So to I can make of a new and clean installation, I research for amarok.

# locate amarok
/home/daniel/.amsn/plugins/music/infoamarok
/home/daniel/.amsn/plugins/music/infoamarok2
/home/daniel/.config/cairo-dock/current_theme/icons/amarok.svg
/home/daniel/.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments/amarok.kcrash.desktop
/home/daniel/.xchat2/scrollback/FreeNode/#amarok.txt
/home/daniel/Documentos/crash/amarok.kcrash
/usr/share/cairo-dock/themes/_Brit_/icons/amarok.svg
/usr/share/cairo-dock/themes/_Clear_/icons/amarok.svg
/usr/share/cairo-dock/themes/_MacOSX_/icons/amarok.svg
/usr/share/cairo-dock/themes/_Neon_/icons/amarok.png
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/khelpcenter/userguide/amarok-icon.png
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/khelpcenter/userguide/amarok.png

Just one plugin, configurations for cairo-dock, and persnonal logs. Then that is clean.

OK, im reinstall amarok from my repositories.

Remembering that I'm using Mandriva 2009.1

The Packages Version Are:

- amarok-2.1.1-0.7mdv2009.1.i586
- amarok-debug-2.1.1-0.7mdv2009.1.i586
- amarok-scripts-2.1.1-0.7mdv2009.1.i586
- amarok-utils-2.1.1-0.7mdv2009.1.i586
- libamaroklib1-2.1.1-0.7mdv2009.1.i586
- libamarokpud1-2.1.1-0.7mdv2009.1.i586
- libamarokplasma2-2.0.2-2mdv2009.1.i586 (I install manually with urpmi)
- libamarok_taglib1-2.0.2-2mdv2009.1.i586 (I install manually with urpmi)

Start Amarok, update database.

I Get A track to Test
Artist: Camel
Title: Fritha

I Open Easy Tag and edit title:
Title: Fritha HA

I open Vlc player (to test) and title has update.

I Close Amarok,

I touch the File Fritha.mp3

Start Amarok Again

The changes are not update:

Title: Fritha

Retagging does not work.

I Rename File, and changes are update.

Title: Fritha HA

I think there is something wrong with 'rescan' resource of the amarok player.

:/
mysql : 5.1.34-2mdv2009.1
mysql-client : 5.1.34-2mdv2009.1
libmysql16 : 5.1.34-2mdv2009.1
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:30 pm
Dieter Schroeder wrote:Maybe there's a little misunderstanding. The tags in playlists, the album applet etc., anything except the collection browser don't get an update after a rescan.
So if you have the track "AH" from "After School" in your playlist, it will remain "AH" even after the scan until you remove it and add it as "AH AH" from the collection browser.
If that is clear, maybe you can tell me the version of your mysql and libmysqlclient rpms.
m0nk

Collection browser is not updated, this is the bug. I don't think that playlist must be updated. In fact, if I close Amarok with old file in playlist when I run again the entry was removed from playlist and I think that this behaviour is correct because the file don't exists anymore. Well, exists but with a different title :).

I hope I explain correctly.

Sorry, I forgot your question about MySQL. I'm using an external MySQL and versions are:

libmysqlclient-devel - 5.0.67-12.16.1
lybmysqlclient15 - 5.0.67-12.16.1
libmysqlclient16 - 5.1.36.42.1
libmysqlclient_r15 - 5.0.67-12.16.1
libmysqlclient_r15-32bit - 5.0.67-12.16.1
libmysqlclient_r16 - 5.1.36-42.1
mysql - 5.0.67-12.16.1
mysql-client - 5.0.67-12.16.1

Last edited by Ignacio Serantes on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ignacio Serantes, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:42 pm
@yermandu
Beside that it doesn't make sense to touch the file, but the folder containing the file, if easytag is configured properly (Settings->File Settings: all options related to time/date should be checked) it should work out of the box.
Strange enough, that amarok gets informed about the renaming, but not about the editing of the tag. The only thing I can see in your packages is libamarok_taglib1-2.0.2-2mdv2009.1.i586. Don't know the naming conventions for Mandriva, but this package seemed to be build for Amarok 2.0.2.
@Ignacio
Okay, asked just for clearance. But how about your mysql version? I've 5.1.34 installed (libmysqlclient_r16 and mysql)
I mean I'm using the same distro like you, the more or less same git version and mine scans, yours doesn't.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:47 pm
@dieter are you really fast :). I edited my previous post with info and seems that I'm using libmysqlclient_r15.

I will try to update to r16.

I updated to MySQL 5.1 and to libmysqlclient_r16 and test the problem with both, external and internal database, and the problem persist.

I remember that, previously, on changes, a Collection Browser refresh was triggered but, in my case, when scan finished, I don't see any refresh in Collection Browser.

Database is updated, I check this with MySQL Query Browser, so problem is after update db.

Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:30 pm
Yes, you're building against the old 5.0 client libs.
That was the first thing I did before compiling A 2.0.
Update mysql and mysqld-devel too. Don't know if you need 32bit r15, if not remove them. You'll need r15 for libqt4-sql-mysql unfortunately, but devel must be 5.1.
It should look like this:
libmysqlclient15 - 5.0.67-12.16.1

libmysqlclient-devel - 5.1.3x
libmysqlclient16 - 5.1.3x
libmysqlclient_r16 - 5.1.3x
mysql - 5.1.3x
libmysqld-devel - 5.1.3x
mysql-client - 5.1.3x

Oooops, now you were to fast. But anyway check if all devel packages are 5.1.34 or greater.

m0nk

Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:45 pm
My current versions are:

libmysqlclient-devel - 5.1.36-42.1
libmysqlclient16 - 5.1.36-42.1
libmysqlclient_r16 - 5.1.36-42.1
mysql - 5.1.36-42.1
libmysqld-devel - 5.1.36-42.1
mysql-client - 5.1.36-42.1

and I can't remove libmysqlclient15 because dependency and you are correct, my installed versions now are:

libmysqlclient15 - 5.0.67-12.16.1

Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:02 pm
You have build against 5.1.36 now?
And the problem persists?
Now I'm really running out of ideas.
Just ripped an old C60 cassette and updating still works.
I'll take a break now, watching soccer.

m0nk

Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Dieter Schroeder wrote:You have build against 5.1.36 now?
And the problem persists?
Now I'm really running out of ideas.
Just ripped an old C60 cassette and updating still works.
I'll take a break now, watching soccer.

m0nk

Ok, we work a lot :). Tomorrow will be another day.

yermandu
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:32 pm
Dieter Schroeder wrote:@yermandu
Beside that it doesn't make sense to touch the file, but the folder containing the file, if easytag is configured properly (Settings->File Settings: all options related to time/date should be checked) it should work out of the box.
Strange enough, that amarok gets informed about the renaming, but not about the editing of the tag. The only thing I can see in your packages is libamarok_taglib1-2.0.2-2mdv2009.1.i586. Don't know the naming conventions for Mandriva, but this package seemed to be build for Amarok 2.0.2.

m0nk

@dieter

Wow i think we are so close!
I make this (Settings->File Settings: all options related to time/date should be checked) (EasyTag)
Then new things happens!
When i make retagging and amarok is open, the rescan dont work.
When i make retagging and amarok is closed, i start amarok and voila the tags are updating !!!
And this makes me feel more comfortable now.

Regards
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:27 pm
As mentioned early in this post, there is an encoding problem with certain files but now, thanks to Cesar García, there is a patch that solves this annoying problem. If you compile your Amarok you can try it. In my test works really fine :).

Patch and more explanations here https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=200596

Rasputin
Registered Member
OS

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:34 am
Hi,

I am using Amarok-2.2-rc1 without an external MySQL-Server. I also have a problem with mp3-Tags: when I change the tags inside Amarok, e.g. the album tag, the Files vanish from my collection browser on the left, but the album "folders" remain there, but are empty. If the files were in the playlist before changing the tags, they stay there, but the tags are not updated.
After restarting amarok, both the collection browser and the playlist entries are ok, but it's very annoying if I have to restart amarok each time I change a tag...
Ignacio Serantes
Registered Member
OS

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:41 pm
Well, at least three different people with the same problem. I'm pretty sure that there is a bug out there :).

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:07 am
Rasputin wrote:After restarting amarok, both the collection browser and the playlist entries are ok, but it's very annoying if I have to restart amarok each time I change a tag...

No, you don't. I tested this over and over again in the last few days, it works, but one has to collapse the collection in the browser, then unfold it again.
Using Amarok 2.2-git with at least daily updates (more frequent if there are more commits, FYI, the commits are sent through the CIA-bot to our #amarok channel on irc.freenode.net).
Since we had the automatic collection folding before and tagging worked well without the "bug" you reported, I guess these are somehow related to the fact we now have that automatic folding removed.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS

Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:18 pm
Mamarok wrote:Since we had the automatic collection folding before and tagging worked well without the "bug" you reported, I guess these are somehow related to the fact we now have that automatic folding removed.

Ok, just tried that, and it works (at least in the standard with; in the experimental unified view i cannot collapse the collection (ok, it's experimental, so no problem)).

Anyway, I think the browser should be automatically updated, without the need to collapse it.

Edit: one more thing: how does amarok determine the "Album Artist"? I just changed the Artist field of some AC/DC tracks from Ac-Dc to AC/DC, but even after a restart amarok displays Ac-Dc as Album Artist...
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:59 am
Rasputin wrote:one more thing: how does amarok determine the "Album Artist"? I just changed the Artist field of some AC/DC tracks from Ac-Dc to AC/DC, but even after a restart amarok displays Ac-Dc as Album Artist...

Did you try rescanning the collection?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...