This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

1. Playlist convertor? 2. Copying files with Amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
himmelstrutz
Registered Member
OS
(I'm using Amarok 1.4.10)

Greetings!

When I make a play list in Amarok I often would like to convert all the songs in this play list to one chunky big file (ogg, mp3, wav - format doesn't matter). How is this possible, in the most simple way? (In old xmms there was a function of writing to the disk, but it did only this to the individual sound file, not all files in the play list compounded to one big file - as I want it)

Also, is there an easy way of copying these files to a specific directory (from the play list in Amarok)? When I drag the files with the mouse, I just move them so they disappear from their original directories, which is quite frustrating. A possibility to copy the files direct from the play list is a function that I am after....

I would be more than grateful, if anyone could help me with this!
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Perhaps you could explain, why you need these concatenated files?
Don't know exactly, what you mean:
track1.ogg, track2.ogg, track3.ogg should become big_track.wav?

Ooops, just saw that you're still using 1.4, but anyway.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
himmelstrutz
Registered Member
OS
Dieter Schroeder wrote:track1.ogg, track2.ogg, track3.ogg should become big_track.wav?

Yes. Something like that. I would like to do this, to simplify the making of "mixtapes".

Dieter Schroeder wrote:Ooops, just saw that you're still using 1.4, but anyway.

That's what debian stable ships with... I've tried 2.*, but like 1.4 more, in fact.