This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Anti-feature: Build-in search in $HOME

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Aah, thanks.
Sorry devs, I must apologize for the ~/Music issue.
And I even thought after installling: Where does it save the streams? Does it ask, if I activate it through the menu? But I only checked main.js, not de.js.
That's why it used ~/Musik in my installation.
But doesn't solve the scanning issue.
Anyway, must correct my last comment on the bug report.

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
google01103
Manager
update: the author of the RecordStream script has stated the ~/Music issue will be fixed

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=107095 "Oops - thats's true. ;-)
I will this correct soon."

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

google01103
Manager
FYI - RecordStream has been updated

changelog: "Version 0.2.0 - Now the music path from systemsettings is used"
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Re ... d7fd024509

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
That doesn't help, if you like to have your streams saved ina custom directory like me (~/MyMusic/Streams)
Best would be a GUI to set the path. (I've set it manually for now)

m0nk

markey
KDE Developer
OS
Dieter Schroeder wrote:The automatic search in $HOME/*[Mm]usic* is really annoying. I rip the CD and Amarok constantly rescans. I write the tags and add covers, Amarok rescans. I move the tracks to their final destination, which is not in $HOME, but on an external disk, Amarok rescans, leaving my beloved "Unknown artist/Unknown album/unknown track" fragment in my collection.

If you download music directly into that directory, simply disable the folder watching. When you're ready with downloading, click Update Collection.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
First of all, I'm not downloading into that folder, but ripping.
And it can't be the solution to dis-/enable folder watching (or closing/opening Amarok). Perhaps it would make more sense to me, if a developer could explain the reason for this annoying behavior.
Until then, it's a bug for me.

m0nk

markey
KDE Developer
OS
Dieter Schroeder wrote:And it can't be the solution to dis-/enable folder watching (or closing/opening Amarok). Perhaps it would make more sense to me, if a developer could explain the reason for this annoying behavior.
Until then, it's a bug for me.

Not a bug, but a feature. We deliberately decided to scan this directory by default, as it's the Freedesktop default location for music. So it exists on most distros, and many people will use it.

However, if you can't disable the scanning of it, this would count as a bug (and I think we have a report for it).

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS
Which directory? $HOME or ~/Music?
Anyway, removing it from amarokrc and from the database helped. Although it's not the most elegant way to get rid of it.
All this has a bad taste from amother OS, which tries to force the user to accept so-called "default" folders/directories.
Default is not standard.
That's because there's a bug report for this unnecessary and irritating "feature".

m0nk