This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

2.2 SVN - a happy marriage

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sultanoswing
Registered Member

2.2 SVN - a happy marriage

Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:36 am
Dear Devs,

With the option to use an external MySQL database, 2.x has incorporated another trick that had been lost from 1.4x but which users have asked for.

Amarok 2 is now, IMHO, a happy marriage between developer wishes (clean up the code base, provide a more solid footing for future plans) and users (we love amarok 1.4!).

I'm glad I didn't quite divorce amarok during the '7 year itch' i.e. 2.0 to 2.1.

Cheers! :)
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: 2.2 SVN - a happy marriage

Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:22 pm
Hm, I guess you mean either 2.2 beta 1 or 2.2-git, don't you? We don't use SVN anymore since more since about 6 or 7 weeks...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
sultanoswing
Registered Member

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:11 am
Mamarok wrote:Hm, I guess you mean either 2.2 beta 1 or 2.2-git, don't you? We don't use SVN anymore since more since about 6 or 7 weeks...

...oooops - yes, I mean amarok-git (on Arch Linux, from the AUR).

Force of habit after using the SVN for so long!!
nhn
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:25 am
sultanoswing wrote:Dear Devs,

With the option to use an external MySQL database, 2.x has incorporated another trick that had been lost from 1.4x but which users have asked for.

Amarok 2 is now, IMHO, a happy marriage between developer wishes (clean up the code base, provide a more solid footing for future plans) and users (we love amarok 1.4!).

I'm glad I didn't quite divorce amarok during the '7 year itch' i.e. 2.0 to 2.1.

Cheers! :)

We are glad to hear that the crisis is averted. :-)

In our opinion, Amarok is now in much better shape than it ever was. There are of course still many issues that needs to be fixed and improvements to be made, but we are already working hard on these and not getting hindered by the codebase when doing so.