This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

is there any...?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
l4g4rt0
Registered Member

is there any...?

Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:39 pm
Hi there, I'm a Amarok 1.4 user (gave up using 2.0 version) - and i am searching for a script to add album reviews (made by me). searched around and only found similar thing to download the reviews from the web.

any clue about this subject?

tks
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: is there any...?

Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:59 pm
l4g4rt0 wrote:Hi there, I'm a Amarok 1.4 user (gave up using 2.0 version)...

I can't answer your question about the script, but if you only ever tried out a 2.0 version of Amarok, you missed all the beauty since :) 2.1.1 is out since quite some time, and so is 2.2 beta 1, with 2.2 final around the corner in a few weeks.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
l4g4rt0
Registered Member

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:44 am
I know the 2.0 is the worst of the Amarok versions, but since I'm using gnome I can't have the newest versions yet. I tried an alternate installation recently but didn't work and haven't had the time to take a closer look to understand what was happening. Anyway, I am migrating my laptop to a new one and I'm thinking in installing KDE so I can have (amongst other things) the newest versions of one of my favorite Linux programs :)
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:16 pm
l4g4rt0 wrote:I know the 2.0 is the worst of the Amarok versions, but since I'm using gnome I can't have the newest versions yet.

That is a very strange reason, why wouldn't you not be able to just get Amarok from teh repositories and install it, regardless of your distribution?
But then, I don't know which distribution you are using...

Also I don't like "the worst", as this version was clearly labeled as a first look at what Amarok 2.x would bring in the future, we forced nobody to install it.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
zenwalker
Registered Member
OS

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:20 pm
l4g4rt0 wrote:I know the 2.0 is the worst of the Amarok versions, but since I'm using gnome I can't have the newest versions yet. I tried an alternate installation recently but didn't work and haven't had the time to take a closer look to understand what was happening. Anyway, I am migrating my laptop to a new one and I'm thinking in installing KDE so I can have (amongst other things) the newest versions of one of my favorite Linux programs :)

I wonder why you wud call that ver a worst one when you aint telling whats bothering u about it?

“Live your life honestly—if you don’t, you always have to remember to not be yourself”

http://www.zenwalk.org