This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok does not find some songs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
scholz
Registered Member
OS

amarok does not find some songs

Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:35 pm
Amaork does not find some of my songs. More concrete: I have a CD as mp3 is a directory. Amarok finds one of 17 files. I've checked the other: they are nicely tagged, readable, and do not use strange characters. Amarok can play them if selected via the Files dialogue.

What is wrong?

Amarok 2.0.2, KDE 4.4.2, Ubuntu Jaunty
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: amarok does not find some songs

Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:53 pm
I strongly suggest you upgrade your Amarok version, 2.1.1 is available in the jaunty-backports repository since quite some time. Amarok 2.0.2 is quite old and outdated.

Also, version 2.1.1 still has some scanning issues, but most of the collection should show up. This is solved in the upcomming Amarok 2.2, to be released in a few weeks.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
sickrandir
Registered Member

Re: amarok does not find some songs

Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:57 pm
I have the same problem with amarok 2.1.85 and amarok-nightly from kubuntu.
I searched bugs.kde.org and found this:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206783

I gave my contribute (I am "kinto" on b.k.o ) and I'm waiting to see what Jeff Mitchell thinks of the problem..

Maybe you can provide a little bit of testing too...

sickrandir, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
sickrandir
Registered Member
this is fixed for me in Amarok 2.2 RC1! Thanx Amarok developers!

sickrandir, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.