This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

please bring back shoutcast even if it's buggy

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Alejandro Nova
Registered Member
OS
It's interesting to see how Shoutcast is shooting itself in its foot. The Classic Shoutcast API is being destroyed, and the new page, http://www.shoutcast.com, limits your radio search to 20 radios. I suggest the following course of action, now that I know the whole story.

1. Remove Shoutcast service - DONE.
2. Make a QtWebkit plasmoid for Amarok, with the http://www.shoutcast.com page, not installed by default, and retrievable through GNHS and kde-apps.org. The user who wants to use Shoutcast can do it, after HE accepts the EULA.
3. Make an Icecast service, searchable, and raise it to a first-class citizen. Like Shoutcast was, but better (Suggestion: we download the complete directory, index it locally, and search it like a collection; it shouldn't be difficult to do, even if Icecast doesn't support searches)

This is what makes most sense.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
I like the idea of creating a built-in Icecast service as a replacement. I'm not sure when we will find time to do it, so patches are welcome.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
leonder
Registered Member
OS
root@leonderbook:~# aptitude show amarok
Пакет: amarok
Новый: да
Состояние: установлен
Автоматически установлен: нет
Версия: 2.2.0-1
Приоритет: необязательный
Раздел: sound
Сопровождающий: Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>
Размер в распакованном виде: 22,4M
Зависимости: amarok-common (= 2.2.0-1), amarok-utils (= 2.2.0-1), phonon-backend-xine | phonon-backend,
kdebase-runtime (>= 4:4.3.0), kdelibs5 (>= 4:4.3.1), libc6 (>= 2.4),
libcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.16.2-1), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libgcrypt11 (>= 1.4.2),
libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.14.0), libgpod4-nogtk (>= 0.7.0) | libgpod4 (>= 0.7.0),
libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.8.0), liblastfm0 (>= 0.4.0~git20090710), libloudmouth1-0 (>=
1.1.4-2), libmtp8 (>= 0.3.1), libmysqlclient16 (>= 5.1.36), libphonon4 (>=
4:4.3.0), libplasma3 (>= 4:4.2.98), libqt4-dbus (>= 4:4.5.2), libqt4-network (>=
4:4.5.2), libqt4-script (>= 4:4.5.2), libqt4-sql (>= 4:4.5.2), libqt4-svg (>=
4:4.5.2), libqt4-webkit (>= 4:4.5.2), libqt4-xml (>= 4:4.5.2), libqtcore4 (>=
4:4.5.2), libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.5.2), libstdc++6 (>= 4.2.1), libstreamanalyzer0 (>=
0.7.0), libstreams0 (>= 0.7.0), libtag-extras1 (>= 1.0.1), libtag1c2a (>= 1.6-2~),
libxml2 (>= 2.7.4), phonon (>= 4:4.5.2), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), libqtscript4-core,
libqtscript4-gui, libqtscript4-network, libqtscript4-xml, libqtscript4-sql,
libqtscript4-uitools
Рекомендуются: kdemultimedia-kio-plugins (>= 4:4.2.0)
Предлагаются: libqt4-sql-sqlite, libqt4-sql-mysql, libqt4-sql-psql
Конфликтуют: amarok-engine-xine (< 2), amarok-engine-yauap (< 2)
Описание: простой в использовании медиапроигрыватель на базе KDE4
Amarok — многофункциональный музыкальный проигрыватель с понятным интерфейсом. Позволяет проигрывать вашу
любимую музыку; найти новую музыку стало проще, чем раньше! Amarok основан на технологичной платформе
Qt4/KDE4 и хорошо интегрируется с рабочим столом KDE.

Много сил было потрачено для интеграции в Amarok 2 различных веб-сервисов:
* Ampache
* сервис Jamendo
* Last.fm
* Librivox
* MP3tunes
* Magnatune
* каталог подкастов OPML
* каталог радиостанций Shoutcast

Впечатляющие возможности Amarok:
* Сценарии — улучшите свою работу в Amarok с помощью сценариев, разработанных сообществом.
* Динамические списки песен — создайте автоматически обновляемые списки песен.
* Context View - измените интерфейс с помощью Plasma Context View.
* PopUp Dropper - простота выполнения действий перетаскиванием объектов с новой системой меню.
* Перевод на разные языки.
* Управление коллекциями — очень упростилась работа с музыкальными коллекциями благодаря таким
возможностям Amarok как: расстановка меток, переименование и сортировка.
* Импорт базы данных — импорт коллекций из Amarok 1.4 или iTunes.
* Работа с сервисами из сценариев позволяет интегрировать другие веб-сервисы с Amarok.
Сайт: http://amarok.kde.org
leonder
Registered Member
OS
Please pay attention to the fact that in the description of the package announced availability of support "shoutcast".

I do not care about licensing subtleties. It worries me that when I update my system with debian lenny to debian testing I got a new amarok, which is absent very important for me to service, for which I used amarok (shoutcasts).

I am sorry, my knowledge of English is poor, I use "Google Translatoid"
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well, you will need to accept it, since we as the Amarok Team have to respect the legal conditions.
The user can of course override this with a script, for example, but don't expect the Amarok Team to not respect licensing issues.

Also, your previous post is close to useless for us, since everything is in Russian.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
undoIT
Registered Member
OS
Well ****! I was disappointed to find out that we have to pay to subscribe to last.fm after installing Kubuntu Karmic, and now Shoutcast is gone. I'm assuming they'll also be hounding the Songbird addon for Shoutcast soon as well.

I guess it is back to the good ole days when I was using Rhythmbox and would browse the Shoutcast website to manually add the streams I liked.

oops, I meant to say "Well krap!" ;)

Image GNU/Linux user since 2007 | Keyboard Shortcuts | Coupon Code Swap
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Good news, everyone!

The problem has just been solved by a very friendly contributor. Get your SHOUTcast Service here while it's still fresh:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.ph ... ent=116823

Enjoy :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer