This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

volume/fadein/fadeout control from commandline

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
barna
Registered Member
OS
Hi,
I want to use amarok as an audio player under a slideshow presentation. The slideshow is controlled by a script file, which can execute shell commands. To synchronize the audio with the slideshow, I would therefore like full control of amarok from the command line. I can play/pause the audio using amarok --play and amarok --pause, however this makes an abrupt change. Is it possible to make faded-in/faded-out start/stop from the command line (or at all?) Is it possible to control the volume from the command line?
Thanks
(I am using Qt: 4.5.2
KDE: 4.3.1 (KDE 4.3.1)
Amarok: 2.1.90)
floogy
Registered Member
OS
You might want to use something like this:
Code: Select all
qdbus org.mpris.amarok /Player VolumeSet 40

Please start qdbusviewer and search under the tree org.mpris.amarok for further options. amarok must be running.

http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/wiki/MPRIS

For example to add and play a stream:
Code: Select all
qdbus org.mpris.amarok /TrackList AddTrack mms://a1830.l830120550.c8301.e.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1830/8301/v0001/reflector:20550 true
barna
Registered Member
OS
That's great, thanks a lot. I found a documentation of amarok where only play/pause etc functions were described, volume control not, so I thought it is missing.