This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

scrobbling of podcast?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
serroba
Registered Member
OS

scrobbling of podcast?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:43 pm
Hi everyone. I don't speak English, but i try...

I wonder why amarok don't scrobbling my podcast in last.fm?

I use KDE 4.3.2 and Amarok 2.2.0

Any suggestion?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: scrobbling of podcast?

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:27 am
Well, since scrobbling is thought for individual music tracks you like, scrobbling a podcast (which is most of the time not music) wouldn't make much sense.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
serroba
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:32 am
mmmmmmmmm, i disagree. But it's only mi opinion. I want scrobbling all the music i listen. In my particular case, i listen only music. And i believe that is responsibility of user decide if want or not scrobbler the podcast.

And in the other hand, if a user, want use scrobbling to send a audio book, i wonder, why this decision is bad??
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:02 pm
well, it always depends where you are scrobbling to, and last.fm is definitely not a good place for podcasts.

If you say you want to scrobble all the music you are listening to: does the "podcast" you are talking about provide individual track information? Then I would rather call this a stream, and scrobbling works quite fine with streams, provided the stream comes with valid metadata :)

But of course you are welcome to provide a patch and a valid use case for podcasts to the mailing list: amarok@kde.org

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
serroba
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:32 pm
well, you are right. The podcast i listen don't provide metadata... only the title, whit the information in the same title.

well, my knowledge of programming isn't sufficient. at lease, not yet.

and now i remember.... if a music file, don't provide the information of track, this track is not scrobbling. mmmm, so bad...

thank you for answer me.