This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok 2.2 MySQL not used

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
macro
Registered Member

Amarok 2.2 MySQL not used

Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:28 pm
Hi

I just installed Amarok 2.2 sucessfully on OpenSuse 11.2 RC1. After I saw the the option to use a external MySql-Database I wanted to use this feature.

So before I loaded my collection the first time, I created a database and user in mysql, assigned all priviliges and after that configured Amarok to make use of it.

To be sure I restated Amarok afterwards and loaded my collection. Musik works fine but obviously mysql isnt used at all because when I open the query-browser, there are no tables nor anything else in the amarok-database. Amarok itself didnt show me any error that it couldnt make use of mysql.

Does anyone has an idea what could be wrong here?

Thanks
Dieter Schroeder
Registered Member
OS

Re: Amarok 2.2 MySQL not used

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:48 pm
Are you sure, you're using the external mysql database, not the embedded one?
Take a look into .kde4/share/apps/amarok/. Does it contain a folder called mysqle, which contains a folder called amarok with the tables in it?
If yes, move it out of the way and start amarok with -d parameter from console.
In the configuration dialog, the option to use an external db is checked? (I know, I know, just to be sure)
mysqld is running?

m0nk

If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.
macro
Registered Member

Re: Amarok 2.2 MySQL not used  Topic is solved

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:55 pm
Hi

I just figured it out myself. My grants were only working for @% and this is not enough. So Amarok used the embedded one (would be nice if the programm would display a message if something isnt correct).

So what I did to fix it, was just adding the host @localhost in the mysql administrator tool (I am not a commandline guy ;) ) and the apply the grants there as well. After that I went back to Amarok I applied the settings again and checked the database-schema...now the tables had been created.