This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok Won't Play CDs or Rescan Collection.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cwizard
Registered Member
OS
Amarok 2.2.0 in KDE 4.3.2, will not play CDs. Doesn't even see then unless started after the CD has been inserted.
Insert a CD and the device notifier comes up and gives two choices, Rip with K3b or "Play audio CD with Amarok." I click on play with Amarok and nothing happens. Zip. Zero. Nada.
If I open Amarok it will, eventually, find the CD and show the tracks, but it won't play. If I move a track to the right panel and highlight it or double click on it Amarok will crash.

Also, as reported in another thread, Amarok will not rescan or refresh a collection.

Amarok use to be such a great program, one I recommended to everyone. I've even gone so far to say, "Amarok is one good reason to run Linux." Not anymore. What have you people done to what use to be the best audio player available, when it ran under KDE 3.5.x????!!!!!!!!!!!

Slackware64 with "True Multilib."
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Do you have kio_audiocd from KDEMultimedia installed?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
cwizard
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Do you have kio_audiocd from KDEMultimedia installed?

Yes.

Slackware64 with "True Multilib."
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Have you been able to generate a backtrace from the crash encountered when trying to play an Audio CD track?

Your collection database could also be corrupt, try removing it.

rm -r $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/amarok/mysqle*

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]