This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok is for girls

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Nordlibris
Registered Member
OS

Amarok is for girls

Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:30 pm
Or to quote the girl, I yesterday helped installing opensuse 11.2, directly:

«This music player is so sexy and girlie. I love it. Why are not more music players like this?»

Linux, and especially KDE4 has impressed her greatly, and she has been playing with the idea of installing linux for months. Therefore a purchase of a new laptop was a perfect opportunity to start running with the penguin. She has used my computer several times, so she's comfortable with the core apps she wants. Apps like: kontact, firefox, kopete and openoffice. The problem with those apps is that they are for work. They are boring apps, that work and look quite similar to the windows tools she's used to.

Amarok, on the other hand, blew her completely away. A pure music player. An app, created just for the pleasure of enjoying music. Not work. Not boring.

She sat transfixed to the screen once I showed it to her. Playing with amarok and marvelling at its ability to fetch lyrics and wikipages of the artists she was playing.

To sum up in short. You, the developers, should be damned proud of yourselves. Your are doing great work, and are producing and app that blows the proprietary competition out of the water.

Thank you from this user, and his newly converted friend.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Amarok is for girls

Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:43 pm
Thanks for the feedback, this was really refreshing :)

Have fun with Amaroking!

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer