This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to transfer podcasts in 2.2?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
unixj
Registered Member

How to transfer podcasts in 2.2?

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:59 am
I've browsed the last several months of this forum and I'm still not clear on how to transfer podcasts to my media device. Is this not supported yet in 2.2 or I am missing something?

My device appears in Local Music (added .is_audio_player to make it appear). My podcasts are in Playlists->Podcasts.

I've tried dragging the podcast to a playlist then dragging from there to my volume in Local Music but it won't let me.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Not by dragging, but did you do a right click on it?
Always provided that your podcast is physically available...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
unixj
Registered Member
Sorry right-clicking on what? Right-clicking on a downloaded podcast in Playlists->Podcasts was the first thing I tried, since that's how you did it in 1.4 (there was a Transfer to Media Device option). But the only thing I see here is:

Add to Playlist
Replace Playlist
Delete Downloaded Episode
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Well, this seems not to be implemented, then.

The only workaround I see is to add the podcast to the playlist and then add it from there. There already is a bug report for that, BTW.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
unixj
Registered Member
Maybe it's Bug 195704? It does sound like it might be unsupported, which is pretty surprising if true. Do none of the developers listen to podcasts on a media device?

Sorry but I don't understand the workaround you're proposing... Like I said above it doesn't work to drag from a playlist to my device. In other words, the "not allowed" symbol appears. Oh well, thanks for trying to help.
dorism
Registered Member
I hope podcasting support is back soon! I cant really ue amarok until its implemented...its one of the main reaons I loved amarok 1.4 - it had the best ipod support
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: How to transfer podcasts in 2.2?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 pm
Yes it is https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195704 and the patch should be applied for the next version Amarok 2.2.3 if it works fine. Just subscribe to this wish to get notified about the eventual changes.

Gobnuts
Registered Member
OS
Just subscribed to that Bug as well.

I really hope that the Ipod/Podcast support will return soon and get upd to par with 1.4s podcast/Ipod suppoet.
This is the thing forcing me to still use 1.4. I really want to switch and leave the last kde3 application on my system behind, but I need the Podcast support.

Gobnuts, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.